- Go-Green Initiative
- News & Events
- Case Studies
- ITS Market
- Security Markets
- Government Markets
- Gaming Markets
- Industrial Automation
ComNet Communication Networks, is an expanding manufacturer of fiber optic and network communication devices located in Danbury, CT. ComNet is a great place to work and a great place to continue your career.
Utility Sales Manager
ComNet is currently seeking a Utility Sales Manager to be responsible for building a sales channel to the electrical utility/transmission and distribution market throughout North America for our fiber optic, wireless, and copper media-based networking and communications products. A proven and successful track record of selling Ethernet, T-1, and serial data transmission equipment to electrical utilities, electrical utility cooperatives, consulting engineers, system integrators, and the dealers and national distributors supporting this market is required.
- BSEE or similar technical degree
- A minimum of an AAS in Electrical Technology or similar technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of successful sales experience to the electrical utility/transmission and distribution market
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet networking hardware, including managed Ethernet switches and SCADA networks
Senior Software Engineer Position
ComNet is currently in need of a senior level Software engineer in either our Danbury, CT or Hauppauge, NY facility, who would report directly to the VP of Engineering. This position requires a highly motivated individual with at least 5 years’ experience in developing embedded software for networking equipment. The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in Computer / Electrical Engineering, exposure with developing Linux/ embedded software, and a good understanding of network concepts. This role encompasses writing software, leading and managing development projects, hardware and software architecture determination, and providing technical direction for future products. Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and be fluent in English. This is a permanent position. No relocation is offered.
- Programming C/C++ for embedded systems and Linux
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP based protocols
- Working knowledge of Linux driver development (kernel space)
- RTOS and object-orientated network management
- Layer 2/3 switch drivers (PHY, MIIM, SMI, Marvell/Broadcom/Vitesse ASIC SoC)
- Embedding Linux into a custom hardware platform
- Web UI and CLI integration for communication products
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet transport (VLANS, trunking and switching methods)
- Knowledge of L2 and L3 networking protocols such as 802.1x, 802.1p/d/q/w, LLDP, IGMP, RSTP, SSL/SSH, IP
Experienced Broadcast/ Pro AV Sales Manager Wanted
Electronic Security Products manufacturer located in Metro NYC area is in need of experienced Sales Manager.
Broadcast/ Pro AV Sales Manager – The Company is seeking experienced sales personnel to work with potential customers to establish and support the product line.
Conduct specific, targeted sales and marketing activities within the Broadcast/Pro AV Market. In addition, further develop sales channels as established by management for the broadcast and Pro AV market and company’s product line to maximize revenue and segment penetration.
Travel domestically calling on integrators, end users, distributors, project representatives, contractors, and OEM’s having interest, and equipment specifiers within broadcast market to promote and secure business for all company’s products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, technical or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years experience in Broadcast and Pro AV Sales Market
- Business development experience with technical products experience is desirable
- Distribution/channel development experience.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical and sales presentations across various channels including to integrators, end users, distribution, industry professionals, and the A&E community.
To apply for a posted position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job you are applying for in the subject line or mail your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
3 Corporate Drive
Danbury, CT 06810
ComNet is an equal opportunity employer.